Monday, July 6, 2009

Spiral Mandala

This is my spiral mandala. The spiral symbolizes life and death, expansion, and turning inward. A spiral that turns clockwise, like this one does, refers to something from the unconscious that wants to manifest itself. I did this mandala when I was trying to come to terms with my youngest daughter moving far away. To be a mother is a wonderful thing. To see your children grow and mature is also wonderful. For the mother, though, it can be extremely difficult to let go of that child. This has been a big part of my life for over 23 years, and trying to just ...let it be...let go...was so hard. I found that creating these mandalas was very helpful in my recovering my sense of 'balance'.

This mandala is also 8 x 8 and is painted with acrylics on canvas.

No comments:

Post a Comment